UCD offers three scholarship programmes to help students compete at the highest level while simultaneously attaining a degree from the University.
- UCD Sports Scholarship (for undergraduate students)
- UCD Sports Graduate Scholarship (for postgraduate students)
- Ad Astra Academy Elite Athlete Programme (for elite athletes, i.e. international competition)
Each programme offers supports, facilities and services to students to help them through their sport and study.
Recent rowing members in the Ad Astra Academy include:
- Paul O’Donovan (LM2x Rio 2016 Olympic Silver Medalist, LM1x World Champion 2016, LM2x European Champion 2016, U23 LM1x Bronze Medalist 2013)
- Claire Lambe (Rio 2016 Olympics finalist, National Champion LW1x 2014)
- David O’Malley (National Champion Junior 1x and 2x 2013, Coupe de la Jeunesse Double Silver Medalist 2013)
- Niall Kenny (U23 LM4x Silver Medalist 2010)
Incoming or returning UCD Boat Club members who are performing at a high level within the sport are welcome to apply for these programmes.
If you have any questions please contact the president.
UCD Innovation video, Innovation in Sports at University College Dublin. “….there is a great buzz about the place…” In this UCD Innovation video, UCD medical student Dora Gorman and UCD physiotherapy student David Campbell, both UCD Ad Astra Elite Sport scholars, speak of the advantages of participating on the UCD Ad Astra programme.